Health: Stressed

I've been having tummy issues again since Monday morning. I know this is just because I was stressed out Sunday evening. This could either be gastritis or an early manifestation of GERD, hopefully not. It's more of stomach pain. I have not felt like vomiting yet. I have GERD for more than decade now. 


What is GERD? 




Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, is a digestive disorder that affects the lower esophageal sphincter, the ring of muscle between the esophagus and stomach. Many people, including pregnant women, suffer from heartburn or acid indigestion caused by GERD. - from Google.

How does it feel?

Go drink beer or any alcoholic drinks for five straight nights, have black coffee every meal, or skip meals and just drink coffee. On the sixth day, you will feel a burning sensation on your stomach, would feel it in your chest too. This will make you feel like or will really make you vomit and the burning sensation will rise from your stomach to chest to throat. It feels like vomiting your insides. This can go on for days. The uncomfortable part is when you are sleeping. You won't be able to lie on your back because you will feel the acid reflux inching it's way out of your mouth.  

Gastritis on the other hand concentrates more on stomach ache. Stress and certain food and drinks can cause this. I have been limiting my caffeine intake since Monday. This can lead to GERD though if not treated. And I am not getting any treatment just yet. Drowning the pain in water, lukewarm water.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the protective lining of the stomach. Acute gastritis involves sudden, severe inflammation. Chronic gastritis involves long-term inflammation that can last for years if it's left untreated. Erosive gastritis is a less common form of the condition. - from Google
Hopefully, it's nothing that water cannot handle. So if you see me drowning myself drinking water, please let me be. 😄 I just don't want to be uncomfortable because of the pain.

Na-stress lang talaga ako kay Mangyan last Sunday. 


No comments: